Frozen pecan pie retro recipe (1982)
This tasty no-bake frozen pecan pie recipe comes from the ’80s, and delivers a chilly cheesecake-flavored filling studded with delicious nuts.
One of fall’s favorite desserts gets a cool summer makeover in this version of the classic.
Frozen pecan pie
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Karo light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 9-inch Keebler graham cracker pie crust
- In large bowl with mixer at high speed, beat cream cheese, light corn syrup, and brown sugar until smooth.
- With mixer at medium speed add milk and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Turn mixture into the pie crust.
- Cover; freeze 6 hours or until firm.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Frozen coconut pie: Follow recipe for frozen pecan pie. Omit brown sugar and pecans. Add 1/4 cup sugar and 1 cup coconut, toasted, to corn syrup mixture.
Frozen chocolate chip nut pie: Follow recipe for frozen pecan pie. Omit brown sugar and pecans. Add cup sugar, 1/2 cup chopped almonds and 1/2 cup chopped semisweet chocolate pieces to corn syrup mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 5g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.