How to make this retro choco-mint party cake
- 10-inch angel food cake
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 4 egg yolks*
- 2 egg whites*
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces, melted
- 2 tablespoons creme de menthe
- 1 tablespoon egg white*
- Stir butter to soften; add sugar; cream until very light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, and beat well.
- Set aside half of this mixture.
- To first half, add 2 egg whites* and partially-cooled melted chocolate; beat until light and fluffy.
- To remaining half, add creme de menthe and 1 tablespoon egg white*; beat until light and fluffy.
- Cut cake into 5 layers.
- Spread bottom layer with chocolate filling; place second layer over filling and spread with mint filling.
- Repeat chocolate and mint layers; top with remaining layer and spread with chocolate filling.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
* Note: It is no longer considered safe to consume raw eggs. Find one method to make them safe here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 23gProtein: 2g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.