- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 12 ounces apricot nectar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light or dark rum
- Measure warm water (110-115 F) into medium-sized bowl (cool to lukewarm for compressed yeast); sprinkle or crumble in yeast; stir to dissolve.
- Add 1/2 cup flour and 1 tablespoon sugar to yeast mixture; blend.
- Let rise in warm place (85 F), away from draft, about 1 hour, or until very light and bubbly.
- Cream butter or margarine, remaining sugar, and salt in second bowl; beat in eggs.
- Stir in yeast mixture, lemon rind, and remaining flour.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed with electric mixer.
- Turn into well-buttered 1-1/2-quart ring mold.
- Let rise in warm place (85 F), away from draft, 45 to 50 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 F) 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from mold; cool on wire rack.
- Wash and dry mold.
- Simmer apricot nectar and sugar 5 minutes; stir in rum.
- Pour half into mold; put cooled cake into mold; pour remaining sauce slowly over cake.
- Let stand several hours.
- Unmold onto plate; decorate with fruits and nuts, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 9g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.