A retro breakfast recipe from the ’70s: Raspberry-cream cheese coffee cake
This raspberry-cream cheese coffee cake is a delicious jam-filled breakfast treat that won fancy fruit bread honors back in 1970.
- 3 ounces package cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups packaged biscuit mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cut cream cheese and butter or margarine into biscuit mix till crumbly.
- Blend in the 1/3 cup milk.
- Turn onto floured surface; knead 8 to 10 strokes.
- On waxed paper, roll dough to 12- by 8-inch rectangle.
- Turn onto greased baking sheet; remove paper.
- Spread preserves down center of dough.
- Make 2-1/2-inch cuts at 1-inch intervals on long sides.
- Fold strips over filling.
- Bake in 425 (F) oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Combine sugar, remaining milk, and vanilla; drizzle atop.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 478mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.