A holiday dip, retro-style
This easy pimiento-nut dip recipe comes from the ’60s — the age of cocktail parties and cute and/or kitschy foods.
Gala pimiento-nut dip
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Additional Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons light cream
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 2 drops bottled hot pepper sauce
- Soften 6 ounces cream cheese.
- Blend cheese with light cream until smooth.
- Stir in olives, walnuts, pimiento, and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover bowl and chill for 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors.
- Serve as dip for potato chips.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- And if you desire, you may add more chopped walnuts and chopped ripe olives for extra-rich flavor.
Makes about 1-1/2 cups of dip.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.