These peanut butter cookies are topped with more than simply a criss-cross pattern made with a fork — there’s also a generous dollop of chocolate on top, sprinkled with chopped peanuts. Happy choco peanut butter dreams!
Choco peanut butter dreams cookies (1987)
Yield: 6 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar -- firmly packed
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together brown sugar, peanut butter and butter, until light and fluffy.
- Blend in water, egg and vanilla; add combined dry ingredients; mix well.
- Shape dough into 1" balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; flatten to 1/4″ thickness with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire rack, cool completely.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate pieces and vegetable shortening; stir until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Top each cookie with 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate; sprinkle with chopped nuts. Chill until set. Store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 72 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
Choco peanut butter dreams: Original recipe card