Ghostly Oreo pudding cups recipe (1998)
Instructions for digging up a ghost – the ect treat for Halloween
3-1/2 cups cold milk
1 packages (4 serving size) Jell-O chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling
1 tub (12 ounces) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
1 package (16 ounces) chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreo), crushed
Pour cold milk into large bowl; add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes. Stir in 3 cups of the whipped topping and half of the cookies.
Spoon 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs and 1/2 cup pudding into individual cups. Top with the remaining crumbs.
Decorate with remaining whipped topping dropped by the spoonful (ghosts) and candy (eyes).
Watch the ghosts disappear.
More Oreo Halloween recipes
From the Victoria Advocate (Victoria, Texas) Oct 20, 1999
Bats in the Belfry (Makes 8)
8 Halloween Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
1/4 cup semisweet or milk chocolate or coating, melted
Colored frosting, decorating gel or small round candies, for garnish
1. Cut sandwich cookies in half and arrange two halves side-by-side on waxed paper-lined baking sheet to form bat wings.
2. Spoon about 1 teaspoon melted chocolate or coating where cookie halves meet to secure. Repeat with remaining cookies.
3. Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes. Spoon remaining melted chocolate or coating over first layer to secure; decorate with frosting, gel or candies for eyes. ‘Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Store in airtight container.
Brownie graveyard (Makes 24 servings)
15 Halloween Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Orange food coloring
2 (16 to 20-ounce) packages brownie mix, batter prepared according to package directions
Vanilla, chocolate or orange frosting or decorating gels
Pumpkins, Spooky Cats or Ghosts, Beary Ghosts or Marshmallow Spooky Sticks*, for garnish
1. Split 8 cookies, leaving filling on one side of cookie. Finely crush plain cookie halves; set aside.
2. Beat together cream cheese, eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla and food coloring until smooth.
3. Spread half brownie batter into foil-lined and greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Top with cream cheese mixture. Drop remaining brownie batter by large spoonfuls over cream cheese mixture. With Knife, swirl batters slightly to create marble design.
4. Sprinkle crushed cookies over batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
5. Remove brownies from pan by lifting up foil; remove foil. Decorate orange filled cookie halves with icing or gel to resemble pumpkin faces. Decorate whole cookies as desired.
6. Attach cookies to sides and top of brownies using frosting. Decorate as desired.
*Beary Ghosts or Marshmallow Spooky Sticks — see recipe.
Beary ghosts (makes 24)
24 Teddy Grahams, any flavor
1/2 cup white chocolate coating (candy melts), melted
Melted chocolate, chocolate frosting or chocolate candies, for garnish
1. Dip graham snacks in white chocolate coating to coat, tapping off excess. Plase on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
2. Use chocolate, frosting or candies to make eyes on ghosts; let stand to harden. Store in airtight container.
Marshmallow spooky sticks (makes 12)
1-1/2 cups semisweet, white, yellow or orange chocolate coating wafers
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
12 popsicle sticks or wooden sticks
12 Halloween Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Beary Ghosts*, Bats in the Belfry*, assorted candy and frosting or decorating gels, for decorating
1. Heat chocolate coating wafers and oil over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
2. Gently insert popsicle stick into cream center of cookie. Dip each cookie in melted coating, supporting with fork to prevent stick from falling out.
3. Decorate as desired with Beary Ghosts or candies. Allow to harden. Decorate as desired with frosting.
*Beary Ghosts or Bats in the Belfry — see recipes.
Marshmallow Spooky Sticks (Makes 9)
9 popsicle sticks, wooden
sticks or straws, at least
5 inches long
1 (3 3/8-ounce) package Marshmallow Peeps Ghosts
9 Marshmallow Peeps Pumpkins
1. Insert popsicle stick into bottom of each marshmallow ghost, pushing through top slightly off-center.
2. Place marshmallow pumpkin on stick, on top of ghost.
For Spooky Cats, substitute marshmallow cat for ghost.
For Pumpkin Heads, place several marshmallow pumpkins on stick, one on top of another.