Shimmering and regal!
This creamy chicken salad mold is a tantalizing mixture of chicken, mayonnaise or salad dressing, broth, gelatin, seasonings and lemon juice.
- 1 chicken (5 to 5-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 peppercorns
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 sprigs celery leaves
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise/salad dressing
- 1 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Put chicken, 2 teaspoons salt, peppercorns, sliced onion, and celery leaves in large saucepan.
- Add water to cover.
- Cover pan; simmer until tender.
- Remove cooked chicken from bones; return bones and skin to broth.
- Cook until broth is reduced to 1 quart; strain, cool and remove fat.
- Cube chicken (you should have four cups); reserve.
- Soak gelatin in 1/2 cup cold chicken broth.
- Heat 2-1/2 cups chicken broth; add gelatin mixture; stir until dissolved.
- Combine grated onion, lemon juice, mayonnaise or salad dressing, mustard, 2 teaspoons salt and pepper.
- Add to gelatin mixture; mix well.
- Chill until mixture begins to jell.
- Fold in celery, parsley and cubed chicken.
- Turn into 7-cup mold.
- Chill several hours or until firm.
- Unmold on to a serving plate and garnish as desired with greens.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 1655mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
MORE VINTAGE MOLDED SALAD RECIPES