Frankly delicious! “Wieneroni Casserole” (1966)
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Karo All-Purpose Syrup (dark corn syrup)
- 3/4 teaspoonsalt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups chili sauce
- 1 pound frankfurters
- 1 tablespoon Argo Corn Starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine bacon and onion in skillet, fry until bacon is crisp and onion is soft.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, corn syrup, salt, paprika, lemon juice, water and chili sauce.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover, simmer 10 minutes.
- Add franks, simmer until franks are hot, about 8 minutes.
- Blend corn starch with 2 tablespoons water, stir into sauce; stir and boil 1 minute.
- Serve on hot spaghetti, ziti or any other macaroni.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 666Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 2576mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 3gSugar: 37gProtein: 24g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.