Winner winner, chicken dinner
Try this $25,000 [prize-winning] summertime supper recipe for savory crescent chicken squares, made with refrigerated crescent roll dough. It was a winner at the Pillsbury Bake-Off contest because it was tasty and so easy to make.
- 3-ounces Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Parkay margarine, melted
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoons chopped chives or onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 8-ounce can Pillsbury refrigerated quick crescent
- 1 tablespoon Parkay margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup crushed, seasoned croutons
- Preheat oven to 350 (F).
- Blend cream cheese and 2 tablespoons margarine until smooth.
- Add chicken, salt, pepper, milk, chopped chives/onion, and pimiento; mix well.
- Separate Pillsbury crescent rolls into 4 rectangles; seal perforations.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture onto the center of each rectangle; pull 4 corners of dough to center of mixture; seal.
- Brush tops with 1 tablespoon of margarine; dip in croutons.
- Bake on a ungreased cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 550Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 433mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 23g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.