Campbell’s chicken crunch (1964)
New — chicken crunch! Soup ‘n stuffing make chicken a new taste treat.
Just dip chicken parts in soup mixture, roll in crushed seasoned stuffing, drizzle with melted butter, then bake!
ALSO TRY: Rice Krispies crunchy chicken retro recipe
- 6 chicken pieces
- 1 can Campbell's condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix 1/3 cup of the soup, 1/4 cup milk, onion, and parsley.
- On a shallow bowl or plate, place the crushed stuffing mix.^
- Dip chicken in soup mixture; then roll in stuffing mix.*
- Place the chicken pieces in shallow baking dish (12x8x2-inch).
- Drizzle butter on chicken.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is crispy and cooked through.**
- About 10 minutes before the chicken will be done, make the gravy by combining the remaining soup and 1/4 cup milk in a saucepan.
- Heat on medium, stirring occasionally until time to serve.
- Remove chicken from oven, and place on individual plates. Pour the soup gravy over the chicken, or serve on the side.
* The updated version of this recipe includes a step where you roll the chicken pieces in 2 tablespoons of flour before breading with the stuffing mix. We didn't include this step in the recipe for those who want to re-create the original.
** We modified the cooking time. The original recipe called for baking the chicken for 1 hour at 400 degrees, which seems excessive. The current Campbell's recipe suggests a bake time of 20 minutes for boneless chicken.
^ If you don't have herb-seasoned stuffing mix, you can substitute it with 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 499Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 1506mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 17g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.