Browse articles, recipes, pictorials and more below, or look at separate decades — 1900s, 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s — or choose a specific year here.
POPULAR ENTERTAINMENT SEARCHES: TV shows | sitcoms | TV theme songs | movies | music | celebrities
Want to narrow things down a little? Choose beauty or fashion!
BROWSE MORE: Buick | Cadillac | Chevrolet | Chrysler | Dodge | Ford | Oldsmobile Packard | Pontiac | Rambler | Studebaker | Pickups | All cars and trucks
Take a step back in time and revisit these vintage articles and authentic guides to old-fashioned holidays and traditions from celebrations of the past! We have hundreds of classic holiday recipes, plus home decor, party plans, photos and much more!
You can easily browse recipes, articles and more by your favorite old-fashioned holidays — Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, Easter — by event, such as birthdays, weddings — or by season: spring, summer, winter & fall.
Keep the electric blender handy when preparing any meal. Many dishes depend on small bits of apple, celery, onion or green pepper that can be chopped in the blender.
These add a special flavor or seasoning touch to meatloaves, meatballs, skillet dishes, casseroles or tasty stuffings — and to this cheese-sauced meatloaf recipe.
You can use a blender to prepare cheese-sauced meatloaf surrounded by bright Brussels sprouts to add a bit of jolly old England to your dinner table.
Note: When using the blender, avoid overtaxing the motor with heavy mixtures. When the motor labors, try a higher speed, or remove part of the contents and blend in smaller batches.
Ingredients for meatloaf
3/4 cup milk 2 eggs 2 slices bread, torn in pieces 1/4 small onion 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground sage Dash pepper 2 pounds ground beef
Ingredients for cheese sauce
1 cup milk 2 tablespoons butter or margarine 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 4 ounces (1 cup) sharp processed American cheese, cut in cubes 1/2 slice canned pimento
1. Place milk, eggs, bread, onion, salt, sage and pepper in blender container. Blend until combined; add to ground beef in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
2. Pat meat into a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan.
3. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 1-1/2 hours.
4. To prepare cheese sauce, place milk, butter, flour, cheese and pimento in blender container. Blend until ingredients are combined and cheese is finely chopped.
5. In a saucepan, cook and stir sauce over low heat until it is thick and smooth.
6. Place baked meatloaf on a serving platter. Spoon sauce over top.
7. Garnish meatloaf with Brussels sprouts, if desired.
Makes 8 servings
Cheese-filled meatloaf (1964)
Send this to a friend