This pink lemonade ice cream cake starts with an easy boxed yellow cake mix. You give it that “party pretty” look with frozen pink lemonade concentrate, plus food coloring in both the ice cream filling and the frosting.
For an easy trim, choose pale pink cream mints topped with icing posies.
- 1 2-layer-size yellow cake mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 12 ounces canned frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; bake in 2 9-inch inch round cake pans. Cool.
- Stir ice cream to soften; quickly stir in the red food coloring and 1 cup (8 ounces) of the lemonade concentrate.
- Spread evenly in foil-lined 9- by 1-1/2-inch round cake pan.
- Freeze 2 to 3 hours, till firm.
- Place one cake layer on serving plate; add ice cream layer and top with second cake layer.
- Whip cream with the remaining lemonade concentrate (1/2 cup, 4 ounces) and the sugar till stiff.
- Frost sides and top of cake; trim with rosebud (decorative) candy mints.
- Return to freezer for at least 1 hour or till served.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 508mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 1gSugar: 45gProtein: 4g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.