If you’re looking for a dessert that features the flavor of rich chocolate combined with a cheesecake-style tang, this vintage recipe for a no-bake German sweet chocolate pie may be just what you need!
German sweet chocolate cheesecake pie
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Additional Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours 28 minutes
- 1 package (4 ounces) Baker's German's sweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup milk, divided
- 4 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tub (8 ounces) Cool Whip topping (or Cool Whip Lite)
- 1 (6 oz.) Keebler Ready Crust graham cracker pie crust
- Additional whipped topping for garnish
- Candies for garnish (optional)
- Microwave chocolate and 2 tablespoons of the milk in a large microwavable bowl on HIGH for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring halfway through heating time. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Beat in cream cheese, sugar and remaining milk until well-blended.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes. Stir whipped topping until smooth. Spoon into crust.
- Freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes or until pie can be cut easily.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
MORE: You might also like these recipes: Double chocolate chunk ice cream pie recipe (1988) & Philly velvet cream chocolate cheesecake (1964)