Goody for you! Who can resist Chocolate Refreshers, made with Nestle’s semi-sweet morsels?
They’re chewy rich goodies everyone loves! Full of nuts and dates and Nestle’s semi-sweet chocolate morsels. They won honors in the latest Pillsbury Bake-Off — and they’ll win honors in your home, too!
Chocolate refreshers recipe
Prize winner in the 11th Pillsbury Bake-off
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups dates, cut in pieces
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 ounces Nestle semi-sweet morsels
- 2 unbeaten eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1-1/2 cups sifted confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cream
- Sift flour with soda and salt.
- Combine dates, brown sugar, water, butter in large saucepan.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly until dates soften.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate morsels; beat in eggs.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with orange juice and milk.
- Blend thoroughly after each addition.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Bake in a well-greased 15- by 1- by 1-inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To make the orange glaze, combine sugar, butter and orange rind; then blend in cream until of spreading consistency.
- Spread the chocolate refreshers with glaze.
- Cut into 20 bars.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 4gSugar: 37gProtein: 6g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
ALSO SEE: Double Chocolate Brownie recipe (1982)