Chocolate mini chip holiday cookies recipe
- 1 cup butter of margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, divided
- 15 ounces prepared vanilla frosting, colored if desired
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in egg yolk.
- Gradually beat in flour.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups morsels.
- Divide dough in half.
- Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Roll half of dough to 1/4-inch thickness between two sheets of wax paper.
- Remove top sheet of wax paper.
- Cut dough into shapes using cookie cutters.
- Lift from wax paper; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bakein oven preheated 350 degrees F for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- To pipe chocolate, place the remaining 1/2 cup morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag.
- Microwave on high (100%) power for 45 seconds; knead.
- Microwave for 10 seconds; knead until smooth.
- Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to pipe chocolate.
- Spread or pipe with frosting and melted semi-sweet morsels piped.
For deep colored frosting, use paste colors available at cake decorating shops.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.