30-minute apple coffee cake
Sweet delight — this quick apple coffee cake: A classic recipe from the ’70s is a golden cake dotted with raisins topped with sliced apple and brushed with apple-jelly glaze,
Quick apple coffee cake recipe
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1/2 cup golden or dark seedless raisins cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 small cooking apples
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- Melt butter or margarine in 10-inch round baking pan or pie plate or 9" by 9" baking pan in 450 F oven.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl with spoon, mix baking mix, raisins, sugar and cinnamon.
- To milk in measuring cup, add eggs and beat until blended; stir into baking-mix mixture.
- Remove pan from oven; swirl to grease side of pan. Pour all melted butter into baking-mix mixture; stir until mixed.
- Spread batter in pan; bake 10 minutes.
- While cake bakes, with knife, quarter each apple; remove cores. Cut each quarter crosswise into thin slices, keeping each quarter together. With hand, flatten each quarter so that slices overlap and lay flat in a row.
- Remove cake from oven; arrange sliced apple quarters on top.
- Bake 10 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan over low heat, heat apple jelly until melted. Brush over top of cake. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 354mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 2gSugar: 47gProtein: 6g