30-minute apple coffee cake
Sweet delight — this quick apple coffee cake: A classic recipe from the ’70s is a golden cake dotted with raisins topped with sliced apple and brushed with apple-jelly glaze,
Quick apple coffee cake recipe
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1/2 cup golden or dark seedless raisins cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 small cooking apples
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- Melt butter or margarine in 10-inch round baking pan or pie plate or 9" by 9" baking pan in 450 F oven.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl with spoon, mix baking mix, raisins, sugar and cinnamon.
- To milk in measuring cup, add eggs and beat until blended; stir into baking-mix mixture.
- Remove pan from oven; swirl to grease side of pan. Pour all melted butter into baking-mix mixture; stir until mixed.
- Spread batter in pan; bake 10 minutes.
- While cake bakes, with knife, quarter each apple; remove cores. Cut each quarter crosswise into thin slices, keeping each quarter together. With hand, flatten each quarter so that slices overlap and lay flat in a row.
- Remove cake from oven; arrange sliced apple quarters on top.
- Bake 10 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan over low heat, heat apple jelly until melted. Brush over top of cake. Serve warm.
- Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Pie Plate (9.5-Inch, 2-Pack)
- Mixing Bowls Set of 5, Wildone Stainless Steel Nesting Mixing Bowls with Lids, Non-Slip Silicone Bottom, for Mixing & Beating, Stackable Storage (1.5, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 qt)
- OXO Good Grips Wooden Spoon Set, 3-Piece
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 347 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 65mg Sodium: 354mg Carbohydrates: 62g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 47g Protein: 6g