Little glazed cakes for the holiday season
Icy Christmas cakes
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1-1/2 cups Brownulated brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2-3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped citron
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- Almond halves (blanched and skinned)
- Candied cherry halves
- 1-1/2 cups Domino granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons Domino 10-X confectioners sugar
- Bring honey to boil.
- Blend sugar, salt, soda and spices.
- Stir honey, egg, lemon juice, rind and flour into mixture separately.
- Work in citron and nuts.
- Place 3/4-inch balls on greased cookie sheets.
- Form daisy by pressing in almond halves.
- Center cherry half.
- Bake at 400 (F) for 8-9 minutes.
- After the cakes are cooked, make the glaze; starting by combing granulated sugar, corn syrup and water.
- Cook and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Boil without stirring to 230 (F).
- Remove from heat.
- Blend in confectioners sugar.
- Stir until slightly thick.
- Brush onto cakes.
- Cool; Store in airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 72 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 2g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.