The cereal has a starring role, since the how-to for party treat comes from General Mills’ 1980 booklet, “Cheeriodle Cookbook for Kids.” The recipes in the pamphlet were created in the Betty Crocker Kitchens, then tested at home by kids ages 8 to 12. (See more recipes made with Cheerios here!)
Cheeriodle pizza snack mix! recipe
Utensils you will need
Set of measuring cups
Jelly roll pan, 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1 inch
Large rubber spatula
Ingredients you will need
4 cups Cheerios cereal
1/2 package (3-ounce size) sliced pepperoni
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
5 drops red pepper sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. Put 4 cups cereal in jelly roll pan. Cut each slice pepperoni into 4 pieces with scissors and add to the cereal.
3. Melt 1/3 cup margarine in small saucepan over low heat. Stir 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt and 5 drops pepper sauce. Remove pan from heat and turn off burner.
4. Pour margarine mixture over cereal and pepperoni. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Mix until well coated.
5. Bake in 350 F oven [for] 5 minutes. Remove the pan from oven and stir well. Bake 5 minutes longer. Remove the pan from [the] oven and turn off [the] oven.
6. Cool 5 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese. Keep snack mix in airtight container.
Makes about 6 cups of snack mix