Manicotti-cheese bake: An easy retro ’60s dinner recipe
Here’s an easy retro recipe from the ’60s for a delicious Italian-style ricotta & mozzarella stuffed manicotti-cheese bake!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup Contadina tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 8 or 9 manicotti shells
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Saute meat, onion and green pepper.
- Drain off fat.
- Add paste, water, salt, pepper, sugar and seasoning.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Parboil manicotti shells in salted water 4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Fill shells with combined ricotta and mozzarella.
- Place shells in shallow baking dish.
- Cover with sauce.
- Bake in oven (350 degrees) 20 to 30 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 583Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 1411mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 42g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
MORE: Chili manicotti (1975)