Anthony’s mouthwatering meatball recipe
Great American cook Anthony Gaglione shares a prize family secret! Mangia!
- 1/2 pound each ground beef, pork and veal
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 chopped fresh parsley
- 3 slices white bread, pulled apart and tossed with 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Crisco natural blend oil
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, pork and veal, egg, garlic, Romano cheese, parsley, 3 slices white bread (pulled apart and tossed with 2 tablespoons of water -- that's the secret!) and salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs.
- Mix again and form into balls.
- Heat 1/4 inch Crisco natural blend oil in a large frying pan.
- Add meatballs in a single layer, and cook at medium-high heat for 4 minutes.
- Flip. Cook 4 to 6 minutes more (until done).
- Drain in a paper towel-lined bowl.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Di Oro Chef Series 3-Piece Silicone Turner Spatula Set - 600F Heat-Resistant Flexible Rubber Silicone Spatulas
OXO 1169600 Good Grips 3-piece Mixing Set, White Bowls Brown Handles, Blue/Green/Yellow
Ozeri ZP6-30 12" Stone Earth Frying Pan 100% APEO & PFOA-Free Stone-Derived Non-Stick Coating from Germany, Lava Black
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
Get more magnificent vintage meatball recipes: