This Snickers dessert recipe was one of several featured in “Party Recipes Made With Your Favorite Candies,” an insert in the December 1969 issue of Family Circle magazine. The mini-cookbook was a promo piece from candymakers m&ms/Mars, created to show off some new ways to use their popular chocolate candies and candy bars.
Chocolate rice pudding, made with Snickers bars
Snickers bars (or 10 Fun-Size bars)
1 cup uncooked rice
1 package (3 ounces) egg custard mix
2 cups milk
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon almond extract
1. Cut Snickers bars into small pieces.
2. Cook rice. following label directions.
3. While rice cooks, combine custard mix, milk and egg yolk in a large saucepan; add bar pieces. Cook. following custard label directions; pour over hot rice and stir in almond extract. Let stand, stirring several times, 10 minutes.
4. Pour into a 6-cup mold. Chill 4 hours, or until firm.
5. To unmold: Run a small knife or spatula around top of the mold to loosen pudding. Cover mold with serving plate; turn upside down; shake gently; lift off mold. Garnish with whipped cream and pieces of Mars Double Crunch bar, if you wish.
Makes 8 servings
Snickers bar chocolate rice pudding recipe