Spring daisy cakes with marshmallow flowers
See how decorating with frosting and cute little marshmallow daisies can turn angel food cakes into happiness you can eat!
- Angel food cake (prepared)
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 cups Kraft marshmallow creme
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Yellow food coloring
- Kraft jet-puffed marshmallows
- Kraft miniature marshmallows
- Colored sugar (green and yellow)
- Prepare the angel food cake, following boxed instructions, including cooling the cake upside down.
- Let cake cool completely and remove from pan.
- To make the angel mallow frosting, combine sugar, egg whites and water in double boiler; beat with electric or rotary beater over boiling water until soft peaks form.
- Add marshmallow creme; beat to stiff peaks.
- Remove from heat; beat in vanilla.
- Tint frosting with food coloring.
- Frost sides and top of cake with angel mallow frosting.
- For each marshmallow 'daisy', dip scissors in water.
- Cut across the flat side of a Kraft jet-puffed marshmallow to form 'petals'. (Each marshmallow makes 4 'petals'.)
- Arrange 5 'petals' on waxed paper in a flower design, slightly overlapping tips.
- Dip inside of 'daisy' into colored sugar to coat cut sides of petals.
- Cut a Kraft miniature marshmallow in half and press, cut side down, in center of each 'daisy'.
- For each 'leaf', cut as for a single petal. Dip in green colored sugar to coat one side.
- Adorn cake with the marshmallow daisies and leaves.
Cook/prep time does not include baking time for angel food cake
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 0gSugar: 33gProtein: 1g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
Vintage recipe for a Spectacular Daisy Cake (1979)
Top two 9-inch frosted cake layers with coconut, if desired, then decorate with marshmallow daisies
Looking for some more cute retro ideas like this? Check out these cake decorating recipes & how-to guides!