Spring daisy cakes with marshmallow flowers
See how decorating with frosting and cute little marshmallow daisies can turn angel food cakes into happiness you can eat!
Spring daisy cake decoration with marshmallow flowers
- Angel food cake (prepared)
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 cups Kraft marshmallow creme
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Yellow food coloring
- Kraft jet-puffed marshmallows
- Kraft miniature marshmallows
- Colored sugar (green and yellow)
- Prepare the angel food cake, following boxed instructions, including cooling the cake upside down.
- Let cake cool completely and remove from pan.
- To make the angel mallow frosting, combine sugar, egg whites and water in double boiler; beat with electric or rotary beater over boiling water until soft peaks form.
- Add marshmallow creme; beat to stiff peaks.
- Remove from heat; beat in vanilla.
- Tint frosting with food coloring.
- Frost sides and top of cake with angel mallow frosting.
- For each marshmallow 'daisy', dip scissors in water.
- Cut across the flat side of a Kraft jet-puffed marshmallow to form 'petals'. (Each marshmallow makes 4 'petals'.)
- Arrange 5 'petals' on waxed paper in a flower design, slightly overlapping tips.
- Dip inside of 'daisy' into colored sugar to coat cut sides of petals.
- Cut a Kraft miniature marshmallow in half and press, cut side down, in center of each 'daisy'.
- For each 'leaf', cut as for a single petal. Dip in green colored sugar to coat one side.
- Adorn cake with the marshmallow daisies and leaves.
Cook/prep time does not include baking time for angel food cake
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 0gSugar: 33gProtein: 1g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
Vintage recipe for a Spectacular Daisy Cake (1979)
Top two 9-inch frosted cake layers with coconut, if desired, then decorate with marshmallow daisies
Looking for some more cute retro ideas like this? Check out these cake decorating recipes & how-to guides!