Raspberry-walnut brownies: A retro recipe from the ’80s
These delicious raspberry-walnut brownies have a layer of raspberry jam topped with a velvet chocolate glaze, then sprinkled with chocolate-covered walnuts.
Yield: 12 bars
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Additional Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chopped Diamond walnuts
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Melt chocolate with shortening over warm water; cool slightly.
- Blend together eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt; stir in chocolate mixture, then flour.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Turn into well-greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 325 (F) for about 40 minutes.
- Spoon jam over hot brownies; spread carefully.
- Let cool.
- While cooling, make the velvet chocolate glaze, starting by melting 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate.
- Blend in 2 tablespoons each butter and light corn syrup.
- Stir in powdered sugar, milk and of vanilla; mix well.
- Spread velvet chocolate glaze over brownies and top with chocolate-dipped walnuts, if desired.
- Cut into 16 delicious bars.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 527Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 3gSugar: 50gProtein: 7g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
MORE: Jell-O pudding brownies: Two vintage recipes from the ’60s