Cool’n Crispy Ice Cream Treats from Kellogg’s Rice Krispies
Ice Cream Sandwiches
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter
4 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
1 pint ice cream, cut into six (3 x 3 x 1/2 inch) slices
1. In medium-size mixing bowl, stir together corn syrup and peanut butter until smooth. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
2. Press mixture evenly in buttered 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Cover. Place in freezer or coldest part of refrigerator until firm.
3. Cut cereal mixture into twelve 3 inch squares. Sandwich each slice of ice cream between 2 squares. Sandwich each slice of ice cream between 2 squares. Freeze until firm. Cut each large sandwich in half and wrap individually in foil. Store in freezer until needed.
Yield: 12 sandwiches
Fudge Sundae Pie
1/4 cup corn syrup
2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons margarine or butter
2 1/2 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
1 quart ice cream
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup fudge sauce for ice cream
3 tablespoons corn syrup
1. Stir together the 1/4 cup corn syrup, brown sugar and margarine in a medium size saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat.
2. Add Rice Krispies cereal, stirring until well coated. Press evenly in 9 inch pie plate to form crust. Chill.
3. Allow ice cream to soften slightly. Spoon into frozen pie crust, spreading evenly. Freeze until firm.
4. Stir together peanut butter, fudge sauce and the 3 tablespoons corn syrup. Set aside.
5. Let pie stand at room temperature about 10 minutes before cutting. Heat fudge sauce mixture. Drizzle over each piece before serving.
Yield: 8 servings