Combine egg whites, cream of tartar and icing sugar on low speed of electric mixer until thoroughly mixed. Beat on high speed 7 to 8 minutes or until stiff icing is formed. Using decorating bag and tube or small knife/spatula, glue cottage together with icing, decorate cottage and landscape yard.
Keep bowl covered with damp cloth or plastic wrap to prevent drying.
Rice Krispies Christmas cottage decorations: Leftover pieces of prepared Rice Krispies mixture, leftover additional icing, mini pretzels, peppermints, gumdrops, miniature marshmallows, licorice strings, m&ms, jellybeans, etc. Search the kitchen cupboard for other creative ingredients. Use them to make trees, snowmen, fences and other shapes to decorate the cottage and yard.
6. Erect cottage walls on base. (Position cottage near back of base to leave room for landscaped yard.) Spread icing generously along bottom edge of back wall and stand wall on base. Repeat for side walls, positioning them inside back wall. Repeat for front wall, positioning it outside side walls. Spread icing generously on all inside seams. Let stand 10 minutes.
7. Add the roof. Spread icing on top edges of walls. Set smaller “back” roof piece in position at back of cottage, resting lower edge of roof on top edge of roof. Place second, larger, “front” roof piece in position with lower edge resting on top of front wall. (Roof overhangs cottage only at sides.)
8. Build the chimney. Use icing to attach side pieces of the chimney to inside of front piece and back piece to inside of side pieces. Let stand 10 minutes. Spread icing on bottom of chimney and attach to front roof. Add door and windows Spread icing on one side and place in position on walls.
9. Allow to dry. Place cottage in cool, dry place for 1 hour before decorating. Store remaining icing in plastic bag or airtight container.
10. Decorate cottage. Attach decorations with icing as desired. Plan ahead for correct positioning.
11. Decorate yard. Spread ‘snow’ icing on base and decorate yard as desired. Plan ahead for correct positioning.