Chocolate chunk cookies recipe
There’s a taste of heaven in every bite of these super chocolate chunk cookies, ’cause they’re made with big chunks of rich Baker’s Chocolate.
And for even more chocolate heaven, there’s the dipped double chocolate chunk cookie. Either way you make ’em, chunk cookies with Baker’s are pure heaven.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 package (8-ounce) Baker's semi-sweet chocolate, cut into large (1/2-inch) chunks
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter, sugars, vanilla and egg until fluffy. (Do not use whipped butter or margarine.)
- Blend in flour mixture; stir in chocolate chunks and nuts.
- Chill dough at least 1 hour to prevent cookies from over-spreading during baking.
- Drop dough, 2 inches apart, using heaping tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 F for 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool 2 minutes; remove from sheets and cool on racks.
Recipe for Super double chocolate chunk cookies
Melt 1 square of the chocolate, cool, and add to the butter-sugar mixture. Cut remaining squares into chunks. Omit nuts.
Recipe for Chocolate dipped cookies
Melt and cool 1 package (4-ounce) Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate. Partially dip cooled baked cookies in chocolate. Let stand until firm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 90mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 7g Protein: 1g