The vintage Singer Slant-O-Matic 500 Singer sewing machine
This is the new Slant-O-Matic 500 machine by Singer – 1960
Singer Sewing machines for 1961
1. New SLANT-O-MATIC 500 Machine…newest version of the zigzag machine that outsews them all for straight and fancy stitching. Lets you create hundreds of fancy decorative stitches. Just flip up the eye-level stitch chart — dial your choice — and sew it automatically $299.50
2. New SLANT-O-MATIC SPECIAL Machine…has many SLANT-O-MATIC features at a lower price. Slant-Needle, drop-in front bobbin, automatic thread control for smoother stitching. Comes with FASHION Discs for decorative stitches, all kinds of practical zigzag sewing. $239.50
3. New STYLE-O-MATIC Machine…brings zigzag features to a small price tag. Fancy stitching, hemming, but-ton-sewing, overcasting. Sturdy aluminum body—so it’s 20 pounds lighter than most other machines $149.50
4. SLANT-NEEDLE DELUXE Machine… the ultimate in straight-stitching machines. Simplified threading. Gear-motor drive. Slant-Needle lets you see better to sew. Zig-zag attachment available for fancy stitching $149.50
5. New FEATHERWEIGHT Portable …new streamlined edition of the world’s most popular electric portable. Weighs only 11 pounds, yet does the job of a full-size SINGER* machine. Has a full set of attachments .. $132.50.
6. New STYLE-MATE Machine…brand new straight-stitcher. Full range forward and reverse, drop-in bobbin. Zigzag attachment available. Does heavy-duty sewing, yet handles delicate dimity with gentle precision $109.50
7. “YOUNG BUDGET” Machine … designed especially for young homemakers. Does beautiful straight stitching … even over pins. Backstitches. Has simplified threading, top round bobbin. (And husbands like its tiny tariff!) $79.50
8. SPARTAN Machine… rugged, dependable. Perfect straight stitching. Sews over pins, backtacks. Has drop-in bobbin, calibrated stitch-length control $49.50
Machines priced as illustrated. Cabinets from $47.50; portable cases from $19.90. And, so you can see them at your convenience, SINGER SEWING CENTERS are open evenings ’til Christmas — Monday nights especially for men.
Vintage Kenmore “92” Zig-Zag sewing machine (1966)
Other machines have some of these features, but no other machine in America has all the features of the Kenmore “92” Zig-Zag
Stitches decorations over 1/4-inch wide
Sews in one and two colors
30 basic cams… vary stitches in many ways
New safety feature… turn off light and you turn off motor current
Six snap-on feet let you do extra fine satin, straight and zig-zag stitching
Instant setting to start pattern at beginning .. saves you time measuring
Sliding needle plate… move lever left for straight .. right for zig-zag stitching
Make your sewing as feminine or as elegant as you desire. Do it with these beautifully wide decorations. See how it takes on high drama with the two-color designs. Attachments are included to let you sew extra finishing touches.
Six snap-on feet make your stitching the very finest .. three in dear plastic, 3 in chrome-plated metal. Just drop in a disc and you’re ready to sew lovely designs. Turn of a knob doubles length of pattern without separating stitches. Set dial to right, left or center to vary the patterns. Select reverse cams to embroider lacy-like designs.
Buttonholer stitches keyhole, eyelet and straight styles… automatically. Eliminates lever adjusting, turning fabrics .. taking precise measurements. Sews on buttons, overcasts.
Forward-reverse control. Dial-type length and width controls. Drop feed, darning release. Mending cam reinforces as it mends .. also, makes an attractive decoration. Bobbin winder with automatic shut-off. Tension regulator. Thread cutter. Round bobbin.
Includes: bobbins, needles, needle threader, buttonhole opener, screwdrivers, spool pins, instructions. Light green and white with chrome-plated trim. From Japan. 30-year head guarantee.
Vintage ’60s sewing machines: Singers for Christmas
The most talented zig-zag machine you can buy. Just tune the knob and so straight stitching, fancy embroidery, mending, button-sewing. Portable or cabinet styles. The machine and its sister, the Slant-o-Matic special, are the only zigzag machines for home sewing made in America by American craftsmen.
At last! A machine that does all 3 kinds of sewing! (1965)
Introducing the newest Touch & Sew machine by Singer! So new it sews straight… zig-zag… now chainstitch too!
A vintage Sears Kenmore sewing machine from 1969
… for women who want the best, even if it does cost less
Mrs Robert Stack is one of America’s best dressed women. Why did she want a sewing machine from Sears?
Beautiful actress Rosemarie Bowe has put her career second to being the mother of Elizabeth and Charles and the wife of Emmy-award-winning Robert Stack (star of TV’s “Name of the Game”).
She finds time, however, to work actively for SHARE, an organization devoted to exceptional children. And for relaxation she plays tennis, paints, and sews.
“I relax and unwind sewing,” says Rosemarie. “That’s why I wanted a Sears Kenmore sewing machine, because it’s so easy to handle. Everything you could want seems to be built in.”