These deliciously rich and indulgent caramel apple oat squares don’t take long to make, and these bars are doubly amazing when served with ice cream on top.
- 1-3/4 cups unsifted flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold margarine or butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 20 soft caramel candies, unwrapped
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 21 ounces apple filling or topping
- Preheat oven to 375 (F).
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking soda and salt; cut in margarine until crumbly.
- Reserving 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder on bottom of 13- by 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Add nuts to reserved crumb mixture.
- In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt caramels with sweetened condensed milk, stirring until smooth.
- Spoon apple filling over prepared crust; top with caramel mixture then reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 888Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 140gFiber: 6gSugar: 37gProtein: 19g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
Caramel apple oat squares: Vintage recipe card
MORE APPLE DESSERT RECIPES TO TRY