Fashionable ’80s swimsuits: Here comes the sun
Time to shine in a swimsuit that makes you look terrific! (Why settle for anything less?)
Brunette Alison and blonde Larisa show off the newest, sexiest summer stunners for every figure type… yours included. Here, Alison’s racy turquoise suit-low, low armholes, high-cut neck-is an all-over slimmer. Strategic color banding on Larisa’s art-inspired print suit streamlines hips and thighs.
Your best beach looks, plus how to get a perfect fit… and a fab tan!
White suits are terrific
Two great tank suits in ever-flattering white . . . the most spectacular color with a tan. Larisa’s has wide-set straps for good bust support, is made of stretchy waffle knit that stays opaque when wet (something to watch out for when you buy a white suit). Alison’s has hourglass seaming, set off by buttons, that pulls the eye along with it, building beautiful curves.
’80s swimsuits: “Do I look too sexy?”
Alison’s suit of icy pink and black has a sleek racer’s T-strap. The black bottom is almost as thinning as a diet! Larisa wears a sliver of cleverly cut extended halter, bosom-baring at the sides and completely backless. The bottom is draped to slim as it skims over hips and derriere.
The best swimsuits in years
Crisscross straps on Alison’s two-toner play up a beautiful back, then wrap around to slim her torso. Larisa’s is seductively bare behind, has a turtleneck front that makes more of a smallish bust.
Below, right: For Alison, a star-struck three-piecer: a boned, bust-building bra and a flip of a miniskirt that camouflages thighs-over a teeny bikini bottom. For Larisa, a starry, supportive sports bra (great if you’re chesty) and fifties-style bottom, cut straight across… very back to the future.
Below: Larisa’s yummy peach suit has a boned sweetheart top that highlights a ravishing bust line. Alison’s sleek black is draped high at thighs for smoother curves.
Our try-on-room checklist assures a sleek, comfortable fit.
- Bend over. Does swimsuit ride too high on derriere?
- Take a long, full-length look. Is the suit loose where it should be snug? So tight it creates bulges?
- Lean forward to check for fallout. This is especially important if you plan to swim in the suit.
- Relax in a chair to make sure the suit doesn’t bind or gap at the crotch.
- Raise your leg. Does the suit hike up? Does it pull around hips, thighs?
- Jog in place, twist, stretch, bend, to determine how the suit will perform when you are in motion.
- Raise arms above head. Do straps cut into shoulders?
- Consider the bikini area. Is it too skimpy? Do you have the time to spend on frequent waxing or shaving?