Saucy apple swirl cake
It tastes like you spent the whole day baking. In fact, this mouthwatering saucy apple swirl cake will take you hardly any time at all.
Just wait until they taste that swirl of cinnamon in a delicious saucy apple cake. It’ll make this yellow cake disappear in hardly any time at all.
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 package of Pillsbury Plus yellow cake mix
- 15 ounces of applesauce
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 (F).
- Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube or a 10-inch tube pan (Bundt pan).
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend the cake mix, applesauce and eggs until moistened.
- Beat 2 minutes at highest speed.
- Pour 1/2 of batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 (F) for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool upright in pan 25 minutes; turn onto serving plate.
- Cool completely.
- If desired, dust with powdered sugar.
High altitude -- above 3500 feet: Add 3 tablespoons flour to dry cake mix. Bake at 375 (F) for 35 to 40 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.