To top off a meal or serve with late-evening coffee, this festive polka dot pie with toasted marshmallows is as cheerful as sunshine.
How to make this marshmallow polka dot pie from the ’50s
Polka dot pie with toasted marshmallows (1951)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Additional Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 12 minutes
- 18 graham crackers
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 pound marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ounce butter-scotch pudding mix
- Roll crackers into crumbs in a clean paper bag or between sheets of paper.
- With fingers mix crumbs, peanut butter and milk together in an 8- or 9-inch pie pan; then shape crumb mixture to bottom and sides of pan; refrigerate for about two hours.
- Blend the salt, packaged pudding and milk; cook until thickened over moderate beat, stirring constantly.
- Cover and set aside.
- With scissors dipped in flour, cut one package of marshmallows into quarters and fold the marshmallows into warm pudding mixture; fill cracker pie shell and refrigerate to chill.
- About ten minutes before serving, cover top of pie with remaining package of marshmallows and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Toast under broiler until golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 355mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 5g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.