To top off a meal or serve with late-evening coffee, this festive polka dot pie with toasted marshmallows is as cheerful as sunshine.
How to make this marshmallow polka dot pie from the ’50s
- 18 graham crackers
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 pound marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ounce butter-scotch pudding mix
- Roll crackers into crumbs in a clean paper bag or between sheets of paper.
- With fingers mix crumbs, peanut butter and milk together in an 8- or 9-inch pie pan; then shape crumb mixture to bottom and sides of pan; refrigerate for about two hours.
- Blend the salt, packaged pudding and milk; cook until thickened over moderate beat, stirring constantly.
- Cover and set aside.
- With scissors dipped in flour, cut one package of marshmallows into quarters and fold the marshmallows into warm pudding mixture; fill cracker pie shell and refrigerate to chill.
- About ten minutes before serving, cover top of pie with remaining package of marshmallows and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Toast under broiler until golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 355mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 5g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.