A tropical upside-down cake
Here’s a delicious pineapple upside-down bundt cake — an easy-to-make pound cake dessert with a crushed fruit glaze.
Note: This particular cake recipe uses a smaller 9-cup bundt pan, rather than the standard 12-cup size.
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple (canned)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 package boxed pound cake mix (16 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Drain a can of Dole crushed pineapple. Reserve the liquid (syrup).
- Combine 1/2 cup drained pineapple, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons melted butter, and 3 tablespoons pineapple syrup.
- Spoon this mixture into a 9- or 10-cup bundt pan.
- Prepare package of pound cake mix according to directions, but use pineapple syrup in place of other liquid.
- Stir in lemon peel and vanilla and the remaining crushed pineapple.
- Spoon the cake batter into pan.
- Bake at 325 (F) for 60-65 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then invert.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 1g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.