Do-it-yourself decorating ideas with oilcloth (1952)
From the personal scrapbook of Constance Hunter, home decorator (ad from 1952)
Now! Dozens of bright ideas for your home with colorful Blenback Oil Cloth. Practical ideas, too, because Blenback is a real work-saver. Dust and grease wipe off with a damp cloth. The coated fabric surface doesn’t spot or stain, stays color-fresh, wears and wears.
Go to your store this week and buy the new patterns in oilcloth by the yard, as individual table covers or in matching ready-made ensembles of chair backs and cushions, scarfs, edging and shelf covering.
- Sink and Stove Splash — Colorful protection for paint, paper, plaster walls. Grease spots wash right off. Easy to install. Just paste, tack or tape it up.
- Decorate doors and shelves with bright new oilcloth. Use it on closet walls, too. Smooth surface sheds dust. For extra smartness, also cover hat boxes…
- Basket Liner — Makes handy laundry hamper out of ordinary bushel basket. Slips over wire handles, stays in place. Ready-made in gay patterns. Sold as Universal Clothes Basket Liners at variety stores.
- Wastebasket Cover — Glamorize old or chipped wastebaskets, canisters, breadbox with matching fabric-base oilcloth. Pastes or tapes on easily, stands abuse.
- Drawer Liner — Dress up drawers with bright, new Blenback patterns. The liners take only a minute to cut. They stay put, and they dust clean in a jiffy.
By the makers of Wall-Tex fabric wall covering and Col-O-Vin vinyl plastics by the yard
Blenback for tables: Colorful, modern patterns lend good cheer to everyday meals. This luscious fruit design (Orchard Lane, No. 5279) brightens either kitchen or dining room table, keeps its clean, fresh look week in, week out.
ALSO SEE: Retro shelf edging & lining paper from the ’50s & ’60s
Oilcloth: Try these do-it-yourself decorating ideas (1952)
Now! Dozens of bright ideas for your home with colorful Blenback oilcloth.
ALSO SEE: A 1950s home tour: See inside a small house in San Francisco
Go to your store this week and buy the new patterns in Blenback Oil Cloth by the yard, as individual table covers, or in matching ready-made ensembles of chair backs and cushions, scarfs, edging and shelf covering. On sale everywhere!
DON’T MISS: Vintage ConTact paper & Rubbermaid shelf liners: Easy ’70s home decor with adhesive vinyl