Crispy oven-baked fish with a cornflake coating (1967)
Instead of plain bread crumbs, try baking some “oven crusty fish” with a cornflake coating! Kellogg’s corn flake crumbs create a crunchy crust, which is made more bright with Tabasco pepper sauce.
A SIMILAR RECIPE: Corn-crisped chicken recipe (1966)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco brand pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds fish fillets, fresh or thawed frozen (flounder, cod, haddock, etc.)
- 1 cup Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- lemon wedges
- finely chopped parsley
- Combine egg, water, Tabasco and salt; beat until blended.
- Drain fish fillets, if necessary; then dip in egg mixture.
- Coat generously with corn flake crumbs.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake in moderate oven (375 F) 20 to 30 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with cut lemon wedges.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
HOOJO Refrigerator Organizer Bins - 8pcs Clear Plastic Bins For Fridge, Freezer, Kitchen Cabinet, Pantry Organization and Storage, BPA Free Fridge Organizer, 12.5" Long
Etekcity Food Kitchen Scale, Digital Grams and Ounces for Weight Loss, Baking, Cooking, Keto and Meal Prep, LCD Display, Medium, 304 Stainless Steel
FineDine 24-Piece Superior Glass Food Storage Containers Set - Newly Innovated Hinged Locking lids
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 183mgSodium: 533mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 38g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.