Here’s a delicious vintage slow cooker recipe for Crock Pot dinners — a pot roast stroganoff!
Pot roast stroganoff
Vintage slow cooker recipe: Pot roast stroganoff (1974)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 pound beef blade or arm pot roast
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup catsup or chili sauce
- 4 ounces canned sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat or butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- Heat oil in a skillet, brown beef blade or arm pot roast on both sides.
- In slow cooker, combine trimmed roast with boiling water, bouillon cube, catsup or chili sauce, mushrooms (undrained), Worcestershire sauce, instant minced onion, salt, caraway seed, pepper.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook 8 hours or until tender.
- Remove meat from the platter and keep warm.
- Skim excess fat from juices in cooker. In a saucepan, blend fat or butter with flour.
- Add juices from cooker and stir over medium heat until thick and boiling.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Serve gravy over pot roast.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 663Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 183mgSodium: 1007mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 50g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
MORE: Make a basic beef pot roast, vintage James Beard style (1964)
I am looking for a recipe in a recipe booklet that came with my crock pot, that I received as a bridal shower gift in 1977. The recipe I’m looking for is Sweet and sour pork. My crock pot is a olive green Rival, with pictures of vegetables around the base. If any one can share this it would be greatly appreciated.
YOU can send it to my e-mail if you have a copy of it! email@example.com
Hi! Is this it – the “Oriental chicken breasts” recipe on page 38?