Chocolate Velvet Pie – Made with 3 Musketeers Bars
Chocolate Velvet Pie recipe
1/2 package pie crust mix
Four 3 Musketeers Bars (or 16 Fun-Size bars)
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
3/4 cup cold water
1 quart vanilla cream
1 tablespoon grated orange rind
1. Bake, and cool nine-inch pastry shell, following label directions.
2. Cut 3 small Musketeers Bars into small pieces.
3. Combine gelatin and cold water in large saucepan; let soften 5 minutes. Add 3 Musketeers pieces. Heat slowly over very low heat, stirring constantly, until candy melts and gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in ice cream and orange rind until ice cream melts. Place mixture over bowl partly filled with ice and water; stir occasionally until mixture is thickened.
5. Pour into prepared pastry shell. Chill 3 hours, or until firm.
6. Garnish with puffs of whipped cream and candied orange peel, if you wish.
Makes 1 nine-inch pie