All that for “only” $400 — which is about $1050 in 2023 dollars. (And we complain about smartphones being expensive.)
Amstrad PCW8256 Word Processor (1980s tech)
SAVE $100 and say good-bye to annoying typing mistakes
Monitor: High resolution, green phosphor screen. Large display area of 90 columns x32 lines of text.
Disk Drive: Built-in drive saves Information on 3-in. floppy disks (about 70 pages per side).
Keyboard. Easy-to-learn typewriter style. 82 keys include word processing keys, fractions, foreign language characters.
Printer. Dot matrix. Provides near letter-quality printouts in over 50 type styles and sizes.
The easy-to-use AMSTRAD Word Processor is now easy to buy, too! One box holds the complete system — everything shown plus word processing software and simple instructions.
Just plug it in and do all this:
- Move paragraphs or entire pages. Delete sentences, phrases and words. Adjust punctuation or margins. The result: a perfect document every time.
- Edit on screen. Jot down ideas and rough an outline. Draft a document and refine it at your convenience.
- Format generic letters to save time.
- Store your work in draft or final stage, return to it at any time.
- Print as many originals as you need while working on another document. Come see how easy it is. Come save.
NOW $399.99 complete in one box at Sears (And that’s no mistake)
Amstrad PCW8256/8512 – Instruction manual cover