No-sew wrap-and-go fashion from the 80s
From a beach cover-up to a party dress, the perennial “pareo” does it all, with just two yards of fabric or a giant scarf — follow our easy how-to’s!
1. Dhurrie pants in a bright orange batik — fun to wear, a snap to wrap!
2. One-shoulder dress — twist and knot ends, cinch with a pretty belt.
3. Party dress, Polynesian-style. An exotic border print, wrapped, side-tied, tucked in front. Add a waist-shaping sash.
4. Classic pareo — easiest beach cover-up under the sun, it’s an orchid-print 48″ by 64″ scarf, tied to create an asymmetrical hemline. Slip it into your tote bag and off you go!
5. Cool halter is another pareo look from a big scarf, this one splashed with water lilies. All you do is cross the ends, twist them, tie in back. Takes just seconds!
6. Wrap skirt, to wear over a bathing suit by day, with a dressy little top by night. Simple wrapping and knotting creates the panel front.
7. The sarong, in blue bird-and-flower batik, for patio parties, lazing in the sun. Tied, then waist-tucked for the draped effect.