Creative holiday gifts for the home: Give something out of this world
On the launching pad and ready to go in Santa’s space capsule are a collection of A-OK gifts for the home.
Since much of the fun and joy of Christmas lies in deciding what the perfect gift for a home should be, we’ve come up with a new idea: the “package” gift. By that, we mean a group of related or correlated gifts that in the giving add up to one magnificent gesture on your part. We’ve also included some single gifts mainly because they are too beautiful in themselves to be overlooked.
We start off with our Christmas gift package idea:
(1) Bathroom ensemble for the new homeowner. The old-fashioned washbowl and pitcher with matching soap dish and toothbrush holder (not shown) are accessorized with a good-looking shower head, soap, and towels in coordinated colors.
(2) Fireplace package from the family to the family includes a handsome antiqued wood mantel and…
(3) …fire screen, plus…
(4) …andirons and white birch logs.
(5) Very ornamental, this barometer. Usually, barometers are gifts for men. Why not make a woman happy with one so she’ll know how to dress in the morning?
(6) Mirrors are magic any way you look at them. Large or small (see 19) they add visual space, color, and life to a room.