Want to see what Victorian etiquette was like? In short, there were rules for everything when you were at the dining table. Please pass the salt, and take a trip back here.
By Nathan B Medbery, author “Social Etiquette” Etiquette topic: Which treats of etiquette in the parlor 14 simple suggestions on conduct for gentlemen Number 1
Some tips on conduct for gentlemen of the Victorian era, including number 13: ‘Avoid wearing a grin on your face and you will avoid looking destitute of wits.’
By Nathan B Medbery, author “Social Etiquette” Etiquette topic: Which treats of manners to be observed when in public 27 simple suggestions on conduct for
Be yourself! Too many women make the fatal mistake in their efforts to please or trying to copy the special charms of women whom they consider charming. This is especially true of young girls.
- Say, Say, Oh Playmate: We traced the story of this old song and hand clapping game, and have the lyrics
- Carnation’s famous pumpkin pie: The traditional Thanksgiving dessert (1959)
- 47 dangerous old playgrounds that our great-grandparents somehow survived
- Hershey’s rich cocoa fudge recipe from the ’70s & ’80s
- 120+ gorgeous, glamorous actresses of the 1920s