Take a trip back to the past – go sightseeing in Washington DC like they did in the ’50s! The classic tour is here, from the Capitol to the Lincoln Memorial to the White House.
On the inside of the pedestal of the world-famous New York landmark is the Statue of Liberty poem, written by Emma Lazarus to welcome immigrants and visitors to America.
See how our famous Statue of Liberty was originally assembled, from the 6-story head to the gigantic torch
It took years to complete the construction of the Statue of Liberty – also known as Liberty Enlightening the World – but here are some peeks behind the scenes into how it was done!
Nazi plunder made Huns look like pickpockets Looting told in indictment: Valuable books, art works carried off By Graham Hovey As plunderers and despoilers, the Nazis
Staunton to Have Many at Vet Reunion Unveiling of Lee equestrian statue in Charlottesville tomorrow to be preceded by big parade, Company L, and Stonewall
Antique art print of the famous New York landmark In this antique art print by Currier & Ives, the Statue of Liberty — then termed
- Carnation’s famous pumpkin pie: The traditional Thanksgiving dessert (1959)
- Genuine original Crock-Pot Slow Cookers from the ’70s
- If you love San Francisco, don’t miss this ’50s video blast from the past
- Women: Do you have the ideal figure? Here’s what ‘they’ thought in 1950
- Captain Kangaroo’s Bob Keeshan talks about the beloved kids’ show, plus see the opening credits again