The popular and highly-acclaimed ‘Little House on the Prairie’ TV series was based on the beloved books by Laura Ingalls Wilder, about the pioneer days.
Phoenix, Arizona was first settled in 1867, and here you can see an aerial view of the city as it looked back in 1885, when the population was estimated to be just 3,500, and was said to be ‘one of the most beautiful and lovely cities in the West.’
On the payment of ten dollars, and the office fees, any person, being the head of a family, or over the age of twenty-one years, may enter 160 acres, or a less quantity, of the unappropriated Public Land as his Homestead. The applicant must either be a citizen, or have declared his intention to become such.
Is located on a beautiful tract of land adjoining the City of Phoenix on the west. The site for the building is in the center of a tract of ten acres belonging to the Territory.
- Carnation’s famous pumpkin pie: The traditional Thanksgiving dessert (1959)
- Libby’s pumpkin cheesecake recipe (1994)
- Festive ice cream cone cupcakes (1957)
- Hershey’s rich cocoa fudge recipe from the ’70s & ’80s
- Say, Say, Oh Playmate: We traced the story of this old song and hand clapping game, and have the lyrics