20. Women writ-servers are employed with great success.
21. Buffalo boasts a woman contractor, who is also a quarry owner. She is the only feminine member of the building exchange.
22. A Jersey City woman makes her living by painting signs.
23. A Louisiana woman supports herself by raising mint plants.
24. The woman manager of a California insurance company is credited with the largest salary paid to any woman — $10,000 a year.
25. As agents for selling lawbooks, women occupy almost the entire field.
26. A pretty French-Canadian girl is making her bread by cobbling shoes at Lewiston, Me.
27. The most successful ranch-owner in Kansas is a woman, not over 35 years of age. There is a proverb to the effect that in Kansas there is no interest, no profession, no trade and no deal without a woman in it.
28. In Boston are two large advertising agencies, the members of both firms being women, and all their employees women.
29. In a New England factory, women are employed as piano-makers.
30. As switchmen, women are employed by several western railroads.
31. Upholstering is a trade women are learning.
32. Writing love letters at so much per letter is one way of earning a livelihood.
33. Consulting fashion expert is a St Louis woman’s occupation.
34. One of the largest flower importing establishments in New York is managed by a woman.