Browse articles, recipes, pictorials and more below, or look at separate decades — 1830s, 1840s, 1850s, 1860s, 1870s, 1880s, 1890s, 1900s, 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s — or choose a specific year here.
POPULAR ENTERTAINMENT SEARCHES: TV shows | sitcoms | TV theme songs | movies | music | celebrities
BROWSE MORE: Buick | Cadillac | Chevrolet | Chrysler | Dodge | Ford | Oldsmobile
Packard | Pontiac | Rambler | Studebaker | Pickups | All cars and trucks
Take your pick of the season’s prettiest looks to knit, crochet, embroider, applique in melon-fresh colors
1. Braided Place Mat, made like an old-fashioned cotton rug, has applique seeds. Stitch-and-Stuff “Labels” for preserves.
2. Embroidered Camisole, quick and easy to knit, trimmed in cool watermelon colors with melon on front, drawstring waist, garter-stitch border.
3. Summertime Afghan to knit, with garter-stitch border. Knit-in design, embroidered seeds. 48″ by 62″.
4. Melon Rug works up quickly in single crochet. Embroidered seed detailing. About 32″ by 15″.
5. In-the-Pink Tablecloth, delicious combination of plain cotton and gingham.
6. Watermelon Pillow for dreaming away summer days – stitched, appliqued from cotton fabrics.
7. Tricolor Ribbon Hatband trimmed with “stuffed” melon slices.
8. Big-as-a-Melon Beach Tote, appliqued with white stripes, lined in pink.
Send this to a friend