Want to see what Victorian etiquette was like? In short, there were rules for everything when you were at the dining table. Please pass the salt, and take a trip back here.
By Nathan B Medbery, author “Social Etiquette” Etiquette topic: Which treats of etiquette in the parlor 14 simple suggestions on conduct for gentlemen Number 1
Bartholomew Roberts, also known as Black Bart, was a notorious pirate who raided ships off between 1719 and 1722. Here are some of the harsh – and sometimes unexpected – rules that governed the crews on his ships.
Some tips on conduct for gentlemen of the Victorian era, including number 13: ‘Avoid wearing a grin on your face and you will avoid looking destitute of wits.’
By Nathan B Medbery, author “Social Etiquette” Etiquette topic: Which treats of manners to be observed when in public 27 simple suggestions on conduct for
- Carnation’s famous pumpkin pie: The traditional Thanksgiving dessert (1959)
- Libby’s pumpkin cheesecake recipe (1994)
- Festive ice cream cone cupcakes (1957)
- Hershey’s rich cocoa fudge recipe from the ’70s & ’80s
- Say, Say, Oh Playmate: We traced the story of this old song and hand clapping game, and have the lyrics