Avoid contradicting your husband, do not give your advice till he asks it, and other marriage tips from the 1830s. Because a wife may have more sense than her husband, but she should never seem to know it.
Search Results for: Godey's Lady's Book
Thanksgiving history: Starting from the Pilgrims’ First Thanksgiving to the strange way turkey day eventually became a national holiday
Thanksgiving, now held each year on the fourth Thursday in November, has long been a controversial holiday, Here, look back at Thanksgiving history as it played out over more than three centuries.
Steel fashion plate for January 1859 Dinner dress of peach blossom silk; the skirt double, and trimmed by a cordon of passementerie, mixed black
Short hair for ladies? A letter to Louis A Godey, publisher of Godey’s Lady’s Book I know, Mr Godey, to an absolute certainty, from both
- Carnation’s famous pumpkin pie: The traditional Thanksgiving dessert (1959)
- Libby’s pumpkin cheesecake recipe (1994)
- Festive ice cream cone cupcakes (1957)
- Hershey’s rich cocoa fudge recipe from the ’70s & ’80s
- Say, Say, Oh Playmate: We traced the story of this old song and hand clapping game, and have the lyrics