Elegant strawberry-apricot cake
How do you top this tempting cake? The only way to top our elegant strawberry-apricot cake is with your own colorful Cake Mate artistry.
Elegant strawberry apricot cake recipe
1 Duncan Hines’ Deluxe white cake mix
1 pkg. (3-1/2 oz.) Instant vanilla pudding mix
1 can (8 3/4 oz.) apricots in heavy syrup
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup apricot reserves
4 cups whipped topping
1 pint fresh strawberries
1 package lady fingers or lady finger-shaped butter cookies
1 tube Cake Mate glossy decorating gel
1. Heat oven to 350 F and flour two 9-inch round layer pans.
2. Combine in large bowl: cake mix, instant pudding, apricot and syrup, 4 eggs, 1/3 oil, 1/3 cup water. Blend at low speed until moistened. Mix at medium speed [for] 2 minutes. Bake 25-30 minutes. Test for doneness with toothpick. Cool in pans on rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
3. Spread 1/2 cup apricot preserves over top of one cake layer.
4. Spread 1 cup whipped topping over preserves. Arrange 1 cup sliced strawberries over whipped topping. Cover with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of cake.
5. Press lady fingers, side by side, into sides of cake. Decorate with remaining strawberries, and Cake Mate Glossy Decorating Gel.
6. Store refrigerated.