Elegant strawberry-apricot cake with ladyfingers – A retro recipe
How do you top this tempting cake? The only way to top our elegant strawberry-apricot cake is with your own colorful Cake Mate artistry.
- 1 Duncan Hines' Deluxe white cake mix
- 3-1/2 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8-3/4 ounces apricots in heavy syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup apricot reserves
- 4 cups whipped topping
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 package lady fingers or lady finger-shaped butter cookies
- 1 tube Cake Mate glossy decorating gel
- Heat oven to 350 (F) and flour two 9-inch round layer pans.
- Combine in large bowl: cake mix, instant pudding, apricot and syrup, 4 eggs, 1/3 oil, 1/3 cup water.
- Blend at low speed until moistened. Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Test for doneness with toothpick.
- Cool in pans on rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Spread 1/2 cup apricot preserves over top of one cake layer.
- Spread 1 cup whipped topping over preserves.
- Arrange 1 cup sliced strawberries over whipped topping.
- Cover with remaining cake layer.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of cake.
- Press lady fingers, side by side, into sides of cake.
- Decorate with remaining strawberries, and Cake Mate Glossy Decorating Gel.
- Store refrigerated.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 4g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.