A cool pie for a long, hot summer
Summertime and the fixin’ is easy! And this Sour Cream Lemon Pie is as delicious as it is easy to prepare.
From the ’80s: The light touch of Argo and Kingsford’s brings out all the fresh flavor. And Keebler Ready-Crust adds the delicious taste of crispy graham crackers. So cool off this summer with a refreshing pie everyone will love.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pie crust, graham cracker or regular crust, baked
- 1/4 cup Argo or Kingsford's cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In 2 quart saucepan, stir together first 2 ingredients, gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Stir in next 3 ingredients, add butter stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil one minute.
- Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl, cover surface with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until cool, but do not let it set.
- Fold in sour cream and put into pie crust.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 224mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 8g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.