Vega. One tough car explained.
- New rust fighting.
- 5-year, 60,000-mile engine guarantee.
- Improved cooling system.
- Torque arm rear suspension.
- Refined brake system.
1. This year, Vega fights rust with a patented Zincro-metal* coating system. Zincro-metal applies a zinc coating to inner body surfaces only. Unlike galvanizing, it gives rust-fighting protection to inner body surfaces, yet allows the smooth application of high-quality primers and paints to exterior surfaces.
2. Vega’s refined Dura-Built engine has hydraulic valve lifters. They eliminate valve adjustments and con-tribute to quiet performance. Vega’s Dura-Built engine also has a 5-year or 60,000-mile guarantee. This 5-year, 60,000-mile engine guarantee is an added value feature included in the 1976 Vega. The Chevrolet guarantee covers 60,000 miles or 5 years, whichever occurs first. The guarantee is for 1976 Vegas equipped with 4-cylinder, 140-cubic-inch Dura-Built engines.
3. Vega’s improved cool-ing system includes additional sealers, water pump shields and other refinements. A special instrument panel warning light monitors the system’s coolant quantity.
4. Vega’s new torque arm rear suspension controls braking and driving forces. Coils and shocks devote full time to cushioning your ride.
5. Vega’s front disc brakes now have a new organo-metallic pad material that’s long lasting and fade resistant. Vega’s rear brakes have larger braking surfaces. Experience Vega’s tough-ness firsthand. Ask your Chevy dealer for a test-drive.
Vega. Built to take it.